Healthy Habits day 9 – eat more green veggies
Don’t we all need to be reminded of this once in a while? Oh yes, even me. I wanted to give you a few tips for how to eat more green veggies since sometimes we just don’t get enough.
- Juice or blend: Add Spinach or Kale to your smoothie (most times you don’t even know it’s there)
- Sneak them in your morning breakfast egg scramble (I just made scrambled eggs this week and put in a whole bunch of baby spinach – It was delicious)
- Chop them up (Kale especially) in long cooking stews or soups (you never know they are there)
- Use Green leafy vegetables as tortilla wraps
- Try going ALL GREEN a full week for dinners – I do this often and a few things happen. a) I discover new green veggies that I never had before and b) I feel amazing, my skin just seems to glow
- Add liquid chlorophyl to your juice or smoothie (this is a big bang for the buck as it goes very quickly to the blood system)
Bottom line, you can’t get enough greens in your daily diet. Researchers found a gene called T-et which is essential for producing critical immune cells in your gut which respond to things we eat particularly leafy green vegetables. They also are believed to play an important role in controlling food allergies, inflammatory diseases and obesity, and may even prevent the development of bowel cancers.
Greens also contain an array of antioxidants and other disease-fighting compounds that are hard to get anywhere else. Plant chemicals called phytochemical can reduce inflammation and eliminate carcinogens. Studies have repeatedly shown that people with higher vegetable intake have:
- Lower risks of stoke, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease
- Higher scores on cognitive tests
- Lower risks of certain types of cancer, eye diseases and digestive problems
- Higher antioxidant levels to help fight viruses
- Reduced risk of kidney stones and bone loss
- Lower biomarkers for oxidative stress
Bottom line, Eat More Green!!!! Have a great day everyone – I need to go get my greens in my smoothie!
Want to try the Xtreme-Measures Fit4Life ADD IN PLAN?
This is a no diet, diet and works by adding in healthy foods and activity to your day while crowding out the bad habits. It’s my signature program that I use everyday and I’m offering a special for a Month to give it a try. You get a BUNDLE of goodies included:
- Fit Habit Workbook (helps you set goals, learn simple journaling, includes a tracker to keep you on-course)
- 4 Week Add In plan (4 week plan of suggested ADD IN’s)
- 1 Month All Body Workout in 15 minutes or less (includes You Tube links to videos)
- A “Heart Healthy” recipe guide
- A 1 on 1 45 minute coaching session with a board certified health coach (oh yes, that’s me!)
Still not sure? CLICK HERE for more information. You CAN GET IT TODAY because it’s a direct download to your computer!!!! Again, it’s only $29.99 for all of this!