Healthy Habits day 11 – drink more water!
As I believe water is so critical to maintaining a healthy body full of energy! I flush through water as soon as I get up in the morning and add some lemon and Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. Get’s my day started right.
Here are some interesting benefits from drinking water I found:
- Transports key nutrients throughout the body (Wow, did you know roughly 60% of your body is made up of water?)
- Controls eating too much – drinking water helps with weight loss the secret is drinking a full 16 ounces before a meal to help you feel full and consume fewer calories.
- Adds fuel to your muscles – when you sweat you lose a lot of water and when muscles don’t have enough water they get tired! So drink up to give your muscles the proper fuel needed for a great workout!
- Get clearer skin – Oh we all want this as toxins build up in our body they tend to clog our pores and cause acne – water helps to flush out the toxins and keep our skin bright and clear (maybe even help with reducing wrinkles!)
- Helps flush waste through our kidneys because kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood daily transporting our waste to the bladder. The kidneys need enough fluids to clear away what we don’t need in the body!
- Get a productivity boost in the mid-afternoon (or anytime needed) A glass of water could help concentrate and stay refreshed and alert (add some lemon or lime)
- Helps with Fatigue – Move over coffee, water can help tithe those tired eyes too! One of the most common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness. So the next time your feeling really tired get yourself a big gulp!
- Need help after a hangover? Water will help hydrate the body and stop that pounding heading because booze dehydrates you.
- Help relieve aching joints and muscle cramps
- Helps with digestion issues – luckily drinking enough water adds fluids to the colon which helps make things move smoothly
- Helps with decongestion – helps the body to bounce back when feeling under the weather – just note, drinking fluids hasn’t been scientifically proved to beat colds in one swoop.
- And saving the best for last – the Brain Boost – A study in London found a link between students brining water into an exam room and better grades, suggesting H2O) promotes clearer thinking. While it’s unclear if drinking the water had anything to do with a better score, it doesn’t hurt to try it out.
So there you have it! Too many reasons not to begin drinking more water! The amount you should drink is up for debate but studies suggest adults need nine to 16 cups of H2O a day. This number obviously varies depending on your activity level, age, and how much water you consume in foods, coffee, tea, or other drinks.
You can begin by drinking a glass of water as soon as you wake up, and 30 minutes before eating any big meal. Get in the habit of keeping a water bottle on hand. You can spice it up a bit with Lemon, Limes, fruits, etc…
Much love everyone! And don’t forget to drink more water!