Oh I just love this month as we transition out of the long summer nights into the crispness of the air and the beautiful golden shades of nature with the changing of the leaves. We are coming to a close and finding our balance and harmony and there’s no better time than now to focus on our Root Chakra!
What is the Root Chakra? It’s the first chakra and is located at the base of your spine. It’s responsible for your basic primal needs, grounding you and connecting you to the rest of the universe.
The root chakra takes care of your basic needs like food, shelter, money, and safety. If you think of it like Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, this is the very bottom of the pyramid. In Reiki and with the Root Chakra balancing we focus on grounding.
If your root chakra is out of balance, you may experience some of the following:
- Bladder problems
- Issues with the feet
- Lower back pain
- Issues with the base of your spine
Emotional imbalances of the root chakra may include things like:
- Fear of letting go and moving on
- Feeling of being stuck
- Difficulty sleeping
- Carving comfort foods (starchy & high carbs)
- Feeling like you don’t belong
- Feeling insecure
- Lacking energy
- Fear of job instability
For Self Care to help nourish your root chakra practice meditation and go for a Reiki energy balancing session with a focus on grounding.
What Foods should you eat to strengthen your root chakra?
- Root veggies (sweet potatoes, potato, beets)
- Sweet potatoes
- Protein (eggs, tofu, nut butters, red kidney beans, red meat, bone broth)
- Red fruits (strawberries, apples, pomegranates, watermelon)
Balancing your root chakra with aromatherapy:
- Sandal wood
- Ylang Ylang
Here’s some quick root chakra healing tips:
- Wear red or add red to your environment to remind you of your root chakra
- Stand: just stand arm’s length apart for a few minutes and envision roots growing from your root chakra down through your legs and into the earth
- Dance: allow your body to just move and release anything needed
- Get out into nature: take your shoes off, go barefoot on the ground, walk on the sand at the beach
Are you in in southern California or visiting soon? Come by and visit me at my sacred salon in Redondo Beach just 1 block form the beautiful magic of the ocean and just south of the LAX airport. Come on by, I would love to see you❣️If you would like to book a basic Reiki energy session with me? CLICK HERE